Center for Human Rights in Iran
Who is CHRI?
The Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI) is an independent, nonpartisan and nonprofit organization working to protect and promote human rights in Iran.
Headquartered in New York, CHRI is comprised of award-winning journalists, researchers, lawyers, activists and advocates based around the world who work to support the basic rights and freedoms of the Iranian people and hold the Iranian government accountable to its international human rights obligations.
What does CHRI do?
Since 2008, the Center for Human Rights in Iran (CHRI), formerly the International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran, has been researching and documenting human rights violations throughout the country.
We rely on primary sources inside Iran to report on events and issues that would otherwise go uncovered, channeling our research and analysis into press releases, articles, briefings, in-depth reports, videos and podcasts.
CHRI engages in extensive media outreach around the globe to raise public awareness of human rights issues in Iran, and intensive international advocacy to build strategic coalitions that will advance human rights initiatives in Iran.
Who is CHRI’s audience?
Government and UN officials worldwide, media leaders, NGOs, responsible corporate leaders and concerned citizens around the world and inside Iran.
What is CHRI’s reach?
- CHRI received some 2,300 international media citations in 2017.
- In 2017, CHRI published 1,344 articles (578 in English; 766 in Farsi) directly distributed to over 4000 government, UN, NGO and media leaders worldwide.
- In 2017, CHRI produced 27 videos (13 in English and 14 in Farsi) with views totaling nearly 6.5 million.
- CHRI reaches on average 1.5 million people inside Iran every month through social media (Twitter, Telegram, Facebook
Who do I contact for a comment or interview?
Contact our media department at media[at]iranhumanrights.org or 1-347-689-7782 with your inquiry and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
How can I help?
Donate today at any level possible, to help support the struggle for human rights in Iran. CHRI is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, making your donation fully tax-deductible.
How can I learn more about CHRI?
- Visit our website at: iranhumanrights.org
- View our latest press releases at: http://www.iranhumanrights.org/category/press-releases/
- See CHRI media mentions here: http://www.iranhumanrights.org/media/in-the-media-2017/
- View the latest human rights news from Iran at:
- Watch CHRI’s videos at: http://www.iranhumanrights.org/category/multimedia/video/
- View our editorial cartoons at: http://www.iranhumanrights.org/category/multimedia/cartoons/
- Peruse CHRI’s in-depth reports at: http://www.iranhumanrights.org/category/publications/
- Like CHRI on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/iranhumanrights.org/
- Follow CHRI on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/ICHRI